Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ummmm Cake..or pile of Crumbs???

I made a cake today and tried to decorate it for the first time with a decorating set my Aunt gave me for Christmas. I have not made a cake for a loooooong time and forgot to flour the pans. Mistake number one.... So, the cake comes out of the pan in approx. 4 large chunks with a lot of crumbs on the side. Nice. I pieced it together with icing and moved on. Second, because I had the cake in pieces, I got the chocolate cake mixed with the white icing, and we suddenly had Oreo icing! I started doing swags and flowers, and, well it just went downhill from there.We had a really ugly, delicious tasting cake!!! I wouldn't even let my Mom take a pic:) I really hope my Aunt doesn't see this post, because she is like a pro at decorating cakes. She's REALLY good!!!! I am now determined to make pretty cakes, and thus, we may all get quite sick of cake before they are good :) :) :)

7 comments:

  1. Like I said earlier, it was beeeeautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, Anna!!!! No pics?!?! Come on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lis.. It was not beautiful....but thx.... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean to push publish yet:) anyhow Lisa, didn't it look more like a mound of icing and crumbs? It did to me :)

      @ Jordanna, no way Jose was I going to let a picture be displayed of my first mess that involved cake and icing :)

      Delete
  4. Speaking of cake: who made the cake at last night's meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear! I've had so many weird things like that happen when I'm cooking. Keep on trying though, you'll be making beautiful things soon enough! Then you absolutely have to post pictures so we can enjoy them too! :)

    ReplyDelete