Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Wonderful Uniqueness of a Home....

The screen opens....

Anna- Sitting at the kitchen table peacefully reading TULIP, a book on Calvinism vs Arminianism.

Lisa and Jessie- Sitting peacefully, (we think), at Lisa's desk working/playing on various "toys".                                              (ie;computers, ipads,etc...)

Mom and Dad- Absent

Anna- Hears a blood-curdling screech from the back room that obviously proceeded from the mouth of both girls.....simultaneously. Jumps up from kitchen table and dashes full tilt towards the end of the house.  Finds girls doubled over laughing.

Lisa and Jessie-When breath returns to lungs, explain to a very confused Anna that their toys were giving them trouble, and they decided to let off steam by screaming as loud as possible. 

Anna- shakes head and returns to her peaceful reading. (We'll see how long it lasts this time!!!)

Conclusions- Toys are not good for Lisa or Jessie's blood-pressure....
                     Lisa and Jessie are not good for Anna's blood-pressure.....
                     Lisa and Jessie have amazing lung power, and can exercise such power quite
                       heartily when an  overwhelming desire comes upon them.....
                     Mom and Dad should not leave too often ;)

Hope you enjoyed your, "Glimpse from the life of the Dales Family"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    




22 comments:

  1. *laughs* I love this. XD Screaming at the top of your lungs is kinda fun sometimes. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, it seemed to bring them great relief...there have been no more screams. ;)
    BTW, we want to talk to you too! David did not even invite us over to hear from you. He's in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just kiddin'. It sounds like you all had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You scold him soundly for being so exclusive!! I want to hear you all too!! I told him we'll have to pick a date or something to work towards so we can all have a jolly good chat together. :D

      Delete
    2. Sounds good, I'll supply the popcorn. I'll e-mail it to you Bushy. :)

      Delete
    3. Sound great! Dad just said y'all are having a heat wave down there?!?!?!?

      Delete
    4. In Australia, Bushy, not in Glendale, Josie :)

      Delete
    5. Yum, thanks Josiah! May taste a little electronic though. ;)

      And yes! We are having a heat wave here at the moment. o.o Temperatures were up to 45 degrees C in the state below us, and today was around the 40 mark. Fires have been a bit of a problem. :P

      Delete
  3. The problem isn't when Mom and Dad are gone, the problem is when Lisa and Jessie are together, alone. See, if you'd been with Lisa or Jessie instead of them together the screaming would've been half, if not completely avoided by a voice of reason. note-to-self: Never allow Lisa and Jessie to be alone with electronic devices, deafness will follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jos, I don't know if any "voice of reason" could have held in that scream. It was a looonnnnggg time coming. You should totally understand - you know my computer!! UGH!

      Delete
    2. Oh I'm with Lisa, I know what slow computers are like. :P It's pure torture!

      Delete
    3. Not slow Bushy, that's only one of many problems. The big one is it's a Toshiba Satellite. David can comment all he wants and I'll duke it out with him right here.

      Delete
    4. Haha! I totally know what slow computers are like. They make me want to scream too. ;) I completely sympathize with you, Lisa! Whenever I try to use my parents very old and slow computer it always end up crashing on me and drives me crazy Literally.

      Delete
  4. "Awed by the voice of reason"....ahhh.... were you talking about me? I hope not....not an accurate description ;) And yes, them with their toys is a dangerous combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I know you at all, than in that situation, yours would be a voice of reason.

      Delete
    2. Ummm...not necessarily. At home, and when no one else is here, I sometimes join in the fun;)

      Delete
  5. Ha ha!!! I know what slow computers are like... our old one took at least 45 minutes to get what you wanted accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were very glad to get rid of it as soon as we could afford to get a new one. But that computer taught us a LOT of things. (99% of the things it taught us was patience though.)
      Hannah

      Delete
  6. Thank you Anna for posting such a sweet comment on my blog. I do remember your beautiful family at Randy's concerts. I want you to know that I have been watching this wonderful series on Netflix called "Heartland", about a girl that is a horse whisperer. Have you seen it? Your family would love it. So when I read that you have horses and listen to Randy's music in the barn, well, it just blessed me so much. Thank you for sharing that with Randy & I.
    So sorry that Randy did not have his Christmas Concert this year. Please pray for us as we are going through very difficult season. Thank you Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not seen it, but have heard about it. I am sorry you all are having a rough time...we will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete